Monday 1 February 2016

Urban Scrapbook's Monthly Challenge - February

February already?! Normally, I would be out of the country by now, but holidays had to take a back seat this year due to financial and personal reasons.
Urban Scrapbook's February kit is chalk full of romantic "Valentiney" goodness
The paper line is Graphic 45
First, as always, I chose my picture, keeping the color scheme in mind.  I have 2 Jack Russells and I love them to death, so I found this great photo on Pinterest. How adorable is this? I want a whole ranch full of Jacks.
next, I cut the paw print heart on my Silhouette machine. The cut file is this one
I ran part of it through my big shot with an embossing folder then sanded the edges and embossed part.
It was looking too "blah" so I focused on the birch trees, I found my birch tree embossing folder and ran it through the big shot a few times to give me a nice background, highlighting the raised part with Frayed Burlap, Walnut Stain and Smoke distress inks
Finally, I added some die-cuts on the left hand side (Memory Box, Spellbinders) and embellished the rest of the page. I should mention too, the rose on the bow was made with the tattered pine cone die (Tim Holtz)
You can pick up the February kit at Urban Scrapbook. They will also be posting the design teams pages throughout the next weeks. You can see all the ideas at the Urban Scrapbook blog. See you soon with some Valentine projects...

No comments:

Post a Comment