Tuesday 2 February 2016

Cupid's Tree

Love is in the air, or at least in the trees.
I seem to be on a birch tree theme lately. I made this table centerpiece entirely out of paper (except the chain)
It started with a piece of birch bark paper that I made into a "tree trunk" (ok it's a box, but just go with it). Next, I needed some branches, so I ripped pieces of a paper bag, twisted them and then wrapped the twisted pieces with masking tape.

There are various cut files used on this project, I made the Cupid and Co file (here) into a Print 'n Cut. Mainly because my Silhouette machine decided to have a loud and painful death. 3 weeks without a Silhouette was absolute torture. The sign was printed on white cardstock and over stamped with Tim Holtz' large background stamp.
I used Spellbinders dies to make the sign post (multiple layers glued together). The heart and snowflake die cuts are from Memory Box.
I had these awesome silver balls (from Michael's craft store) in my stash, so I used them to line the "ground"
Thanks for taking a look today. I appreciate all the visits. See you soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment