Friday 8 December 2017

12 Days of Christmas - Heirloom Christmas Tree

Hello and welcome to my 12 days of Christmas projects.
Let's start with Mary's Heirloom Christmas Tree from SVGCuts.com.
What a wonderful project. I remember making ceramic ones with my Mom years ago.
I love the base too. I kept the vintage/retro theme with images from Retro Christmas Card Company here.
My bulbs were just a wee bit too small for the holes, so I used some Glass bead gel (Liquitex) over the areas and inserted the bulbs while it was wet.  They are glued in nice and firm now.
The project called for a candle lamp, but I didn't have one so... I improvised.  I took some twinkle lights (battery operated) wrapped them around a paper tube and inserted it into the base. You can't see the tube when the tree is on so I think it's a win/win.
Thanks Mary for a great project, you know I love you!  see you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. This is so amazing!!! I love it in white - so cool how you did the lights, and I love the patterned paper on the base!

    ReplyDelete