Monday 24 July 2017

Gypsy Soul and the Marquee

I wanted to have a go at making my own marquee sign. It started with a very simple design. You can't get any more basic than a rectangle. Right? hmm it took waaaay longer than I thought.
At least I knew that I needed 24 holes for the lights
Thanks to the rhinestone feature in my Silhouette Studio software, it was easy enough to add the circles to the frame. It just took a little tweaking and aligning of the cuts.
I designed the picture in the software as well, using the pattern and solid fill options to get the background. The plumeria flowers were a download from the store as were the flamingos.
I printed everything but actually cut the birds and flowers out by hand. I enjoy layering the pieces together for extra dimension.
It goes back to my youth, I think, watching my mom create beautiful paper tole. She and I have spent countless hours cutting paper. xoxo
here it is all lit up. I am very happy with the final result. It's really feminine and pretty.
Thanks for looking! see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment