Friday 3 March 2017

Urban Scrapbook's Monthly Challenge Kit - March

Hello everyone:
It's time for the reveal of Urban Scrapbook's kit for March. This month features beautiful and girly paper from American Crafts "Hazelwood" line. Please pop over to the link here to check out what our amazing design team is creating with this kit.
As always, it starts with a picture (based on colors pulled from the papers). This pic is of my fabulous daughter. They spend countless hours creating and sewing costumes for comic book conventions. Seriously, I don't even have a clue about some of the characters they dress up as. It's a whole other world...
I fussy cut the sheet of butterflies, and set those aside.
I knew I wanted to create a dimensional layout, so I made a simple box card. I scored and folded the paper. I took a large punch (EK) to add a little more interest to the box.
After much thought (and many cups of coffee) I figured out a way to add it to the layout.
I cut two slits the width of the box, then slid the whole thing underneath the second layer of paper.
tip: I usually put Sookwang tape on the corners and middle of the layering paper. That way, you can go back and tuck things underneath the layer.
Then it was just a process of gluing the butterflies over the page.
I added the bag of goodies (buttons, sequins etc.) afterwards to fill in some empty spots
The little eyestopper below was created by spreading liquid adhesive and pouring the sequins and pearls over the wet glue.

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look, and remember to pick up your kit at Urban Scrapbook before they sell out! See you next time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment