Friday 19 August 2016

Abandoned Dresser

Back in June, I should have been packing for the move. You can see the chaos in the background, but no, I got sidetracked with a project.
A big shout out to Jan at Urban Scrapbook for telling me about Annie Sloan Chalk Paint. (or maybe a good natured curse or two)hahaha
This paint is AHHMAZING! No priming necessary. Gotta love that.
When the man moved out in May, he left this old dresser in the basement. I loved the waterfall top and it reminded me of an old trunk. I had a vision, the challenge was to put what was in my head, onto the dresser.
first stage...
second stage...
third and fourth stage...
I panicked a little because the patterned paper on the bottom two drawers was bubbling, but once it dried it went totally flat. (thanks to a great adhesive "Sculpture Medium" from Prima)
finished with leather accents and hardware. I bought a bag of leather scraps at Michaels.
The buckles at latches were designed by me on my silhouette machine - yes they are made out of paper!
what do you think? I am really over the moon happy with the way it turned out. Not bad for a dresser that was abandoned in the basement.
Do yourself a favor and search Annie Sloan Chalk paint on Pinterest. You will be amazed at the beautiful pieces people have painted.
Bye for now.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! I really thought you found a way to put vintage suitcases into the dresser. What an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant! Really awesome project. It looks amazing and just like a real stack of luggage.

    ReplyDelete