Friday 19 February 2016

Winter Lodge

Whaaaaat?! SVGCuts Winter Lodge kit is gorgeous! You can check it out here.

How did I do the stone work?  If you have Silhouette Design Studio, open your file, click on Fill pattern and there should be a "pebbles" pattern in your choices. click on it and increase the scale to however large you want your rocks to be. You can also Pan the pattern to move the dandelion out of the way.
I am lucky enough to have a large format printer, so it's easy for me to print off the whole 12x12 sheet,
I did the same thing for the facade/chimney and the roof.
The Stucco was a parchment color, and I added charcoal and brown distress markers, using the spritzer tool. (Tim Holtz)
the copper accents were cut on black paper and I dabbed bronze Distress Paint on the pieces.
the kit comes with 2 cute little planter boxes, but while I was at Michael's, I picked up these little wooden ones, I think they were $1.50. I added some twigs that I had in my stash.
Here it is all lit up, so gorgeous. Thanks Mary, for always continuing to inspire me. Your kits are outstanding. ( and no, I don't get paid to say that hahaha)  See you all soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment