Saturday 4 July 2015

Old Town General Store

Happy 4th of July to my American friends. To Celebrate, I made 3D General Store, Americana Style.
SVGCuts.com had a new kit and as soon as I saw the store, I knew I had to have it.


Isn't it cute?! I stamped the base with Tim Holtz' big woodgrain stamp in Barn Door distress ink.
After assembly, I discovered that I glued it on the wrong way, so this is actually base #2.
I coloured the shutters and door with copics as well as the banner and stars (side of house)
The signs were made by turning the cut file into a print 'n cut in my Silhouette Studio program.
And the girls?  Paper doll cut files, oh those pieces were so tiny, but they look rather festive in their red white and blue.
I can imagine a Coke machine out front or some antique odds and ends on display. We are only limited by our imagination. I think this will be a great addition to my other houses this Christmas.
Happy long weekend y'all. Be safe and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment