Wednesday 14 January 2015

Shasta Trailer - winter edition

Two words that should never be in the same sentence are winter and camping.  Seriously, who would want to camp when it's -20? Anyway, this is as close as I get to winter camping.

The kit is, of course, from my favorite website SVGCuts.com  you can see the it here.
I cut the pieces at 200% of the original size and added a trailer hitch and propane tanks to the front. The paper I used was from the Bo Bunny Altitude collection.

I used some distress inks in Seedless Preserves and Evergreen Bough to compliment the paper and a beautiful stamp from Indigo Blu on the top panel. The snowflakes were stamped with the same ink colors. They are from an older set I have, however I can't remember the name of the company.
I even made my own texture paste for the faux snow. I happened upon this great talented lady's blog Pamellia Johnson's "my little craft things" . I followed the recipe Pamellia shared. She has some wonderful tutorials, including the texture paste recipe post, which you can check out here

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoyed my winter camping experience.

1 comment:

  1. WOWSERS!! This is just gorgeous Laurie! I can't believe this was made from scratch, holy cow!! I just love the wonderful frosty winter colours and the green treeline scene is amazing! What a spectacular winter project! I completely agree, camping in the winter, YIPES!!

    Thank you so much for the shout out, I'm so glad you gave my recipe a try! And I might add, what an incredible job you did with it!!

    I couldn't find a follow button to click on, so I have bookmarked your sight and will check back in with you later!

    Thanks again, big hugs :) Pamellia

    ReplyDelete