Wednesday 3 September 2014

Urban Scrapbook September Kit

Oh, I have been a bad blogger...the weather outside was just delightful in August. It was hard to tear myself away from the new deck and bottles of wine last month. Haha.

Our kit this month at Urban Scrapbook is gorgeous. The pretty paper line "Indian Summer" from WeR Memory Keepers,  inspired me do create a dreamcatcher layout.

It started with one of my favorite photos. I tracked it back to www.79ideas.org for New Home Collection by H&M  

I can see myself being a rogue traveller enjoying the good life by the ocean in a vintage VW bus. Oh a girl can dream...



I cut the photo with a Silhouette file and matted it on a slightly offset shape to make it pop.
The dream catcher is another file cut and inked to match the layout. The little VW bus diecut is from Tattered Lace.  I rolled some paper beads and cut out some of flowers from one of the sheets included in the kit.


The metal feather (Maya Road) was painted and attached with a decorative jump ring (Tim Holtz)

The debossing folder, banners, letters, and leather cording are all in the kit this month. 
Enjoy the good life and get scrappin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment