Wednesday 11 June 2014

Roses for my Graduate

More Faux Tea Roses...
I made this shadow box with a bunch of paper roses to compliment my baby girl's high school graduation photo. It was taken in 2012 but it still is as precious and meaningful to me as it was 2 years ago.

The flower colors were chosen to compliment the photo. I used the tattered pinecone die and also the tattered floral movers and shapers die for the larger peach roses
The green flowers started out white, and sprayed with Heidi Swapp color shine (chartreuse)
There are lots of little details as well. Leaf punches, pearls, and a few ideology trinkets to keep your interest. 
I hope you liked my project. It's funny because a lot of times I look at older items I have made and think, "oh I should have done this." But this one, for me, is perfect and that is a huge step on the journey to be less critical of myself and my art projects

No comments:

Post a Comment