Tuesday 31 December 2013

Light up my New Year

Hi again...
I wanted to do one last post for 2013. I made this project for me - just me. No agenda, no challenges, just pure fun and creativity for the things I love - paper, lanterns, and Christmas.

I was a lucky girl this December. I got a Silhouette Cameo for my birthday from the sweet man. It has been a bit of a learnig process for me, but I've managed to figure out blade depth, SVG files and the right kind of paper to use for the projects. 

SVGcuts.com is a fantastic online store for 3D paper projects (another passion of mine). 
Here's the project I pieced together...


It stands at about 32 inches tall. I kept the color scheme to white, gold and green to match my Christmas tree.

I created a banner that can be removed to ring in the New Year.

I learned how to weld 2 shapes together (pictured here with the lantern side and swirlies.) i did it wrong though, because I "lost" the score lines so I had to hand score the folds.

I used the flourish embossing folder from Tim Holtz to add texture to the banner.

The base is my favorite because everything is made of paper. The drum, pinecones, greenery - all assembled on Christmas Eve while watching the Dr. Who Christmas specials marathon on TV.

Side view...

Happy New Year everyone, "let's hope it's a good one without any tears." 
SVGcuts.com files used:
Spooky soiree - lantern
3D wintergreens
Santa's Visit - drum
Swirlies

Stamps on the drum: Graphic 45 12 days od Christmas
Numbers on banner: Brenda Walton for Sizzix
Random foliage and picks: Michaels
Recycled cardboard tube for lamp post

No comments:

Post a Comment