Sunday 1 December 2013

12 days of Christmas Cards


On the first day of December, my true love of paper gave me an icy glittery pair of skates.


So I know it's not a unique layout, but I loved the whole embellished skates idea that was pictured in the Sizzix booth at this year's CHA Summer show. (Hang on, let me see if I can find a picture. Be right back...)

Ok I'm back, see this picture?

See the skates hanging there? So cool. Anyway, I wanted to make some cards like that. Festive and wintery, with a splash of color.
I make cards for all my co-workers/friends at work. I try to create a card for them that reflects their interests or favorite colors. My weekend coworker used to figure skate and red is one of her favorite colors.

I ran white paper thru the Sizzix Bigshot using the winter berries embossing folder. Next I cut, colored and glittered the TH ice skates die cuts. I added some greenery using holly and pine branch dies from obsession impression. They are colored with Iced Spruce distress ink (OMG, can i gush about how much I love that color?) the bow is also from IO - part of the mitten die set.

I pre made a few pinecones, using the TH tattered pinecone die so I had some in my stash to use as needed.
Once the elements were inked, glittered and dry, i began adhering them to the front panel. It seemed a bit flat, so I colored the berries on the background and added the "joy" stamp to the bottom.
Finally, I added some " snow"  paint and clear rock candy glitter. 
Card 1 - done.

Thanks for stopping by today, until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment