Thursday 5 December 2013

12 days of Christmas Cards - Day 5

On the 5th day of Christmas my true love of paper gave to me - a special card that turned into a 5 hour project.

I have my "Christmas Love" board on Pinterest that is my "go to" for inspiring photos. This card uses one of my favorite pictures that links back to warrengrovegarden.blogspot.ca

I knew I wanted a lot of layers, so I used 6 copies of the picture. I started cutting and layering objects that would be in the foreground until it outgrew itself!  I liked the paper layers, but it looked ridiculous just on a card panel. That's when the 5 hour ordeal came in to play.



I cut a frame and embossed it with the Tim Holtz seasonal borders and inked it up with Iced Spruce. Next I backed the frame with acetate.
Next I had to construct a shadow box of some sort, so I measured and scored and inked and taped and cursed and drank copious amounts of coffee. The picture fit right inside the little box. Then I added  "snow" and finally glued the frame to the top of the box.
To turn it back into a card, I scored and cut a folded piece of cardstock the same size as the frame. The frame and card are about a 1/4 inch bigger than the shadow box.

I hope you liked today's card. I know my friend/coworker did. And a huge thank you to warrngrovegarden.blogspot.ca.  Your pictures are Amazing and inspirational.

No comments:

Post a Comment