Wednesday 13 November 2013

What Santa Does in the Off Season

Hi again,
I had a lot of fun creating this piece. It started with the cabana tent. Laura Carson, over at Artfully Musing provided the carnival tent template, and I "modified" it into a cabana tent.

http://www.alphastamps.com/p14734/3D_Tents_Set_Download/product_info.html

The santas, lanterns and sleigh are from Make it Crafty colored with Shinhan and Copic markers.
http://www.makeitcrafty.com
The base measures 12 inches x 10 inches and is glued to the 12x12 back. I scraped lightweight modelling paste (tinted with a bit of "dune" pigment reinker from Clearsnap) on the base. Then sprinkled shimmer sand over certain areas.
All the images were printed on heavyweight bristol paper, colored, and cut out.
The banner is cut from Tim Holtz's die using the same paper as the tent. I had Letraset rub ons in my stash from many many years ago. Yes I do tend to hoard things, but you just never know...

The pink flamingo is from Hampton Arts for Graphic 45. Oh and can you spot the reindeer? They need a holiday too.
He's my favorite, this guy just makes me smile everytime I look at him.

Thanks for surfing by today. I hope you enjoyed my whimsical creation. I can't wait to start decorating for Christmas.

1 comment: