Saturday 16 March 2013

Birthday Blues

Hello again,
I was really excited to drive down to my local scrapbook store when we got back from our trip. Not much stamping or scrapbooking going on in Southeast Asia. I knew the new releases from winter CHA were arriving here at home, (I would find a WiFi spot and check my mail.)

I "needed" the compass and blueprints embossing folders and the birthday blueprint stamps. I wanted to make a faux blueprint so this is what I came up with...

I debossed the folder on light blue paper, added some faded denim distress inks to the surface to get the two tone blue effect. Next, I stamped the mini blueprint birthday stamps on the background, then stamped them again on specialty stamping paper ( can I rant and rave about how much I adore this paper?) and watercolored them with distress markers. I then cut the images out and mounted them onto the background with foam tape.
Of course, every card needs a sentiment, so "make a wish" was stamped on scraps and trimmed to size.

That's it, pretty simple, but I like it. Now go play with some of your new stuff, you know where I'll be...

No comments:

Post a Comment