Saturday 22 December 2012

The Painter of light

I was excited when I bought this Thomas Kinkaid stamp from Cornish Heritage Farms. I must have stamped it 5 times and tried to color it, but it looked horrible. Finally I stamped it with charcoal fluid chalk ink and added just subtle hits of color using distress inks and markers.

I embossed cardstock with my new embossing folder and cut out and oval mat and some spruce trees from "cottage cuts", added lots of rock candy dry glitter and voila - a tonal card that is frosty and pretty.

The sticky embossing powder from Ranger is just awesome. I had used a different product years ago, so I was a bit sceptical as to whether it would work. Let me tell you, it works like a hot damn! I put it all over the picture, the sentiment and even the a few hits here and there on the trees.

The ribbon was taped with Sookwang tape and glittered. I hope the pictures do it justice. Glitter is so flippin hard to photograph.

Thanks for looking , now go get something done today.





No comments:

Post a Comment